With emerging technological advancements, dental world is adopting digitalised treatment options to improve patient experiences. Intraoral scanner is one of these advancements, used for taking digital Impression of teeth and soft tissue to produce a three-dimensional model. It is alternative to conventional impression talking techniques, which were quite unpleasant to the patient.
At Applebite Dental, we use intraoral scanners to record the teeth and soft tissues digitally to improve patient comfort and experience with us. As these scanners are among the most efficient in the field with manifold benefits.
How it works:
Intraoral scanner is a small camera attached to computer software. Dentist moves this camera along the surfaces of all teeth and soft tissue. It captures accurate size and shape of teeth and process it into three-dimensional digital model. Dentist can visualise these images while capturing and can repeat scanning of any particular part of oral cavity to improve the accuracy. Smaller cameras are more efficient as they can reach deep and difficult parts of oral cavity.
- Proven accuracy and improved efficiency.
- Less time consuming as compared to conventional impressions, therefore, reduce chair time.
- Provides stunning HD 3D Digital images
- No discomfort for patient as scan can be paused and resumed as many times as necessary.
- A more comfortable overall experience for patients with a strong gag reflex, as it eliminates need to put alginate loaded tray in patient’s mouth.
- Fast delivery of final work as impressions sent immediately to lab via online system, no need to transport work from clinic to lab.
- It’s also a terrific approach to improve communication with patients as it is easy to explain treatment plan by showing them their own teeth on the computer. Therefore, Patients can grasp a better understanding of the condition of their teeth
- Captures accurate size and shape of teeth, hence, ensuring the appropriate treatment by reducing manual errors.
- Intraoral scanners are cost-effective for dentists because they are one-time purchases that eliminate the need for repeated purchase of impression material.
- Conventional impression materials are messy and difficult to mix for dental professionals and sticks around patient’s mouth causing even more trouble. Intraoral scanners make this a thing of the past.